Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Why Homeschool?

Why? Why on earth would we do this? Aren't homeschoolers weird, religious freaks who don't have any friends? I mean, don't kids need to be socialized? Don't they need a trained teacher? How can a professional justify leaving behind a steady paycheck and a fat benefits package to stay home? I'm so glad you asked! I love sharing the why! 

There's a lot that I could write about this. I could tell you that the fire for knowledge, present in my children at infancy, was being snuffed out by a school system that wasn't meeting their needs. I could say that maybe we are a little weird because, aren't we all? I might even tell you that my girls are blossoming into meaningful friendships that last outside the walls of a classroom and aren't balanced on popularity. 

As much as I could say, I'll let you hear it from Logan LaPlante, a spectacular young man who is able to tell you why in words more eloquent than my own. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment