Monday, October 19, 2015

Singapore Math For the Win!

Singapore Primary Mathematics is a method developed in Singapore that has been adapted and made available in the United States. We use this method with both Luna and Josephine and it's wildly popular around here. We often use manipulatives, such as Skittles, Legos or fraction blocks to supplement our learning. 

I knew we were on the right track with Singapore math, but something really cool happened yesterday that completed validated that feeling and made us super excited. Luna competed in a "trimathalon" against some local public school 3rd graders (she is 7) and won 1st place! 

We are so proud of her and I feel amazing knowing that she is learning so much and having a great time doing it. I was never confident in math as a child and there's nothing more wonderful to me than knowing that all of my kids have that confidence and some of them even enjoy math!



Here is a video review of Singapore Primary Math I recorded for Amazon. I rarely buy books or magazines for the kids that I can't look inside first, so I wanted to share this with you guys in case you're interested in peeking inside. Hope it's helpful!




No comments:

Post a Comment